GFRC (Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete) is much easier and less expensive than traditional precast concrete. Since GFRC weighs a fraction of the traditional concrete it is much cheaper and easier to handle.
If an item cast from traditional concrete was to ship from Detroit, Michigan to Dallas, Texas and the item weighed about 1200 lbs it would cost you over $1000.00 to ship the item. Now, with that same item made from GFRC you would be looking at something that weighed about 250 lbs. max. And that same shipping cost would be around $250.00. To ship the same item to Las Vegas, Nevada from Detroit, Michigan it would cost $1500.00 for the traditional pre cast concrete and about $400.00 for the item made of GFRC.
Here are examples of some other cities shipping the same item:
- Toledo,Ohio – GFRC = $100.00
- Toledo, Ohio – precast concrete = $305.00
- New York, New York – GFRC = $460.00
- New York, New York – precast concrete = $1300.00
- Chicago, Illinois – GFRC = $170.00
- Chicago, Illinois – precast concrete = $510.00
- Jacksonville, Florida – GFRC = $375.00
- Jacksonville, Florida – precast concrete = $1300.00
- Albuquerqe, New Mexico – GFRC =$385.00
- Albuquerqe, New Mexico – precast concrete = $1450.00